I have to say that I honestly was surprised by the ending. You did a good job of trailing me along, leaving little hints of what was happening and then bam. Also you do a good job of creating these believable characters who are caught up in this mess of who slept with who and look she pregnant. And aside from the missing words in a few of the sentences it was fairly good pacing.
One thing I will say is that I did get lost a few times on who was talking and where the story was. The first was in the very beginning. I do like the anger we get from the main character because it sets up the kind of person she is but I am left questioning why we are given the details about the Captain. "His pointer and thumb massage the bridge of his nose. Eyes shut, furrowed, he does this whenever he gets a migraine." This is almost a cliche and it is unneeded because we don't see him anymore.
Another thing that I feel would add to the story is if you gave more attention to detail whenever you change scenes. Whenever Lanie is in the bar with her sister have her look around and notice things. The test in the trash can is a little too subtle but if you added in things that she notices in her surroundings that make her remember this moment with Philip then I feel it would lead the reader to a more concise realization of what has happened and will have them question what will happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment