Sunday, October 5, 2014

Creative Writing Event 1

Early on in the semester there was a picnic hosted by the English department to help promote the Creative Writing branch of the English department. It was fun. When I got there I ran into some classmates of mine and also the event had just gotten started. A lady whose name I cannot remember opened the event by explaining where we were, what the event was to entail and the raffle. The raffle was you had to write a poem or line or something of the sort using only 6 lines and put it in the hat. Later on they would choose a few of them and those chosen would get to pick from the few books: novels or poetry etc. I had trouble thinking of something so I scribbled something down and I saw someone just write the names of color in correlation to the markers he chose. Sadly mine didn't get called but it was fun none the less. I met some new people and saw some old people.

No comments:

Post a Comment